Who doesn’t love autumn? Sweater season, chilly weather, leaves changing, and pumpkin everything. 🍂 With the change of seasons, we decided it was the perfect time to get into the kitchen and give a seasonal makeover to our favorite Functional Fiber Bread and create a Pumpkin Functional Fiber Bread! 🎃
Pumpkin Functional Fiber Bread features our Functional Fiber from Plantae + Fungi and takes a fun, festive twist on the recipe on the back of the package. 😉 Our recipe is a delicious, nutritious, and versatile way to consume your daily fiber— supporting your gut microbiome, boosting immunity, maintaining blood sugar, and helping to manage weight. Plus, pumpkin is rich in vitamins and minerals (especially vitamin A, C, and potassium), supports cardiovascular health, and is high in antioxidants which help reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Pumpkin Functional Fiber Bread
makes 12 slices
- 2/3 c. Sunflower Seeds (lightly ground)
- 1/4 c. Ground Flaxseeds
- 3/4 c. Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Psyllium Husk
- 1 Tbsp. Functional Fiber from Plantae + Fungi
- 1/4 c. Molasses
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 1/3 c. Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1/3 c. Raisins
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix all wet ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly.
- Line a 8.5” x 4.5” x 2.5” bread pan with parchment paper. Add bread mixture.
- Bake for 32 minutes on one side.
- Turn over and bake for another 32 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a drying rack then enjoy!