The ultimate guide to maximizing the healing properties of medicinal mushrooms and lichens—featuring over 300 detailed plant profiles for easy mushroom identification
Noted herbalist Robert Rogers introduces readers to more than 300 species of medicinal mushrooms and lichens found in North America. These fungi have the capacity to heal both the body and—through the process of myco-remediation—the planet itself. Throughout The Fungal Pharmacy, he documents their success in optimizing the immune system and treating a wide range of acute and chronic diseases, including cardiovascular, respiratory, and liver problems, blood sugar disorders, cancer, and obesity.
The Fungal Pharmacy also outlines the medicinal traits and unique properties of each mushroom or lichen, including:
• active chemical components
• preparation methods for extracts, essences, essential oils, and more
• historical and modern-day usage
• cultural, religious, and literary significance, with fun facts on etymology and history
• plus, 200 full-color photos and thorough descriptions for easy identification
The ultimate guide to identifying and healing with medicinal North American fungi, The Fungal Pharmacy is a valuable resource for mycologists, mushroom hunters, wild-crafters, and anyone interested in natural health care.