Naruto | Latte Grade Matcha
For an intense, but silky smooth matcha latte, or for a decent straight matcha (usucha), our Naruto | Latte Grade Matcha balances savory umami and fresh notes of grassy meadows that allow the matcha to stand out when blending with milk.
The white ocean whirlpools caused by the rising tide famous in the Naruto Strait between Awajishima and Shikoku Islands in Japan’s Inner Sea.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Size: 30 g/1 oz
- Harvest: Spring 2021
- Grinding: Dec. 2021
- Cultivation: Grown without use of pesticides / synthetic fertilizers. Shaded for 3-4 weeks before harvest.
Naturally Grown by Yunomi
The “Naturally Grown” series are products chosen by Yunomi that have been verified to be grown without use of pesticides / synthetic fertilizers. Products may also be certified organic according to the Japanese JAS standard.
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami: 10/20 (20 being the richest umami)
- Creaminess: 10/20 (20 being the creamiest)
- Lack of Astringency: 9/20 (20 being least astringent)
- Lack of Bitterness: 10/20 (20 being least bitter)
- Texture: 6/10 (10 being the smoothest grinding)
- Color: 5/10 (10 having the greenest, most vibrant color)