Matcha Izumi no Shiro | Premium Ceremonial Grade
The delicious blend of tencha leaves (tea leaf processed into flakes) by master blender, CEO Hiroshi Kobayashi, has created an exquisite matcha for tea ceremony practitioners. Matcha Izumi no Shiro | Premium Ceremonial Grade, translates to the “white of the wellspring”, is a matcha with excellent, smooth umami flavor perfect for usucha. Hiroshi Kobayashi is an award winning blender, and one of 13 tea professionals in Japan who hold the top rank of tea appraisal, level 10.
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami strength (5 = strongest): 4/5
- Astringency (5 = least astringent): 3/5
- Color (1 = yellow, 5 = brilliant green): 5/5
- Texture (1 = very grainy, 5 = very smooth): 5/5
- Name: Matcha Izumi no Shiro
- Net Weight: 40 gram / 1.4 oz (can)
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Grade: Ceremonial grade
- Harvest: May 2021
- Grinding: January 2022
- Region: Grown in Kyoto and surrounding regions. Refined in Kyotanabe, Kyoto.
- Tea provider: Shogyokuen, established in 1827